Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Remy Roo..

...or Remy Can Can
...or Can Can.

These are just a few of the names that we call her. It is amazing how fast she has learned her English name, but her Chinese name, Dang Can Can, or Can Can (pronoun Tsan, Tsan) is just fun to say. It rolls off the tongue and works every time. It is fun to have so many options and have her respond to them all!

Little Can Can has been with us for 3 months and 3 days as of this writing. I actually quit counting until I was recently asked. It is funny how you are with #2. I counted the months with Ty until we had him 2 years! Back to Remy. These past 3 months have gone so fast, but it also seems like it was years ago that we were in China with all of her health issues. I praise God for her health and the richness that she adds to our lives. We thought in the beginning she might be a sickly child, but we have persevered after our hospital stay at Christmas. I think good nutrition, formula and clean air have been the answer for her. Prayers too!

Remy is often dressed as a girly girl with her bows and dresses, thanks to a ton of hand me downs and gifts. It has been exciting to see her personality emerge more each day as she becomes more comfortable and trusting of us. This little girl is so nurturing to her panda, but prefers balls over dolls at this time. Give her a ball and she will kick it around the room instead of throwing it or rolling it around. Trains and cars are a close second of toys to play with. She is not totally modeling her brother as his choice of toys these days include Trio's and Duplo blocks. I am amazed at his creations. That is another post in itself. She has also shown an interest in music and instruments, just like her brother. She has great rhythm and loves to dance. The keyboard, kiddie guitar and drums bring much noise and excitement.

Animals. This little one adores them. We were kind of worried in the beginning since her paperwork said, "Is afraid of small animals.". Remy's relationship with Jack is amazing to watch. The two of them have a connection. Jack is SO different around her compared to Ty. With Remy, he gives these gentle kisses and lets her get away with stuff he would NEVER let Ty do.

Remy has been so refreshing to our family and has added another dimension. I must admit, I was afraid of how I would be having a daughter. I have identified with more of the tomboy type of girls then then those interested in the latest make-up, fashion and trends in general. Remy has softened my heart and shown me that you can still be girly and have an adventurous edge to you. Remy is so tough. She falls down and gets right up! I cannot wait for warmer weather to get out to the playgrounds. She is climbing everything around here and is NOT afraid. My little girl continues to amaze me... and grow me.

No comments: